- 3-4 lbs beef chuck
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 1 packet au jus gravy
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
- 1/2 16oz jar peperoncini peppers (about 10 peppers and ½ cup juice)
- Place the chuck roast in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with ranch and au jus packets.
- Top with pieces of butter, peppers and juice.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until tender and falls apart with a fork.
Cover baking dish tightly with foil and bake at 300°F for about 1 hour per pound, or until easily shredded with a fork.